- Supreme Court blocks massive job discrimination suit against Wal-Mart
- California Supreme Court opens potential floodgate for lawsuits based on retailers’ collection of Zip codes
- Office Depot's global headquarters earns Energy Star certification
- Wal-Mart sex discrimination case hits possible court block by Supreme Court
- Retailers beware or rejoice?
Delray Beach, Fla. -- Starboard Value disclosed on Monday that it has taken a 13.3% stake in Office Depot. According to a report by Reuters, the activist hedge fund now becomes the office supply retailer’s biggest shareholder.
In a letter to Office Depot CEO Neil Austrian, Starboard CEO Jeffrey Smith called for lowering expenses to improve performance.