- Aeropostale will open in-store shops, freestanding stores in Mexico
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Abercrombie renews CEO’s contract despite dissent; to hire brand presidents
- Converse’s new store in San Francisco is big on customization
- Nineties Nostalgia, Retail IT Style
New York -- Aeropostale announced Wednesday it has acquired online women's fashion footwear and apparel retailer GoJane.com, based in Ontario, Calif.
The purchase of GoJane.com, which generated sales of about $19 million in 2011, is intended to beef up Aeropostale’s already growing e-commerce business.
“We are very excited about our strategic acquisition of GoJane, which complements our fast growing e-commerce business as we expand into new product categories and offerings,” said Thomas P. Johnson, CEO, Aeropostale. “We expect a seamless transition of this new business from a strategic, operational and cultural perspective."
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.