- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Three New Must-See Retail Stores in New York City
- Bass Pro Shops to open 145,000-sq.-ft. store in upstate New York
- Survey: LLBean.com climbs to top of March online customer service rankings
- Apple celebrates 13 years in retail — 424 stores and counting
Coppell, Texas – Alco Stores, Inc. will voluntarily delist its common stock from the Nasdaq Stock Market on or about Oct. 31, 2013. The delisting of the company's shares is subject to stockholder approval of the proposed merger with an affiliate of Argonne Capital Group, LLC.
The proposed merger was previously announced on July 25, 2013, and a special meeting of stockholders is scheduled for Oct. 30, 2013. If the company's stockholders vote to approve the proposed merger, Alco anticipates consummating the merger on or about Oct. 31, 2013. If the proposed merger is consummated, Alco will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of an affiliate of Argonne and the company's common stock will cease to be publicly traded.