- Haagen-Dazs Shoppe partners with Buxton to map out expansion strategy
- Congress extends implementation date of final rule governing gift cards
- Retailers: Get your e-mails past the judge and the jury
- Sprouts Farmers Market to roll out AccessVia’s signage solution
- NCR affirms kiosk alliance with Blockbuster
New York -- Mobile solution-provider Mobiquity said Tuesday that lifestyle retailer Alex and Ani has implemented the company’s new mobile checkout technology at all its stores.
The solution is designed to improve service and response times for customers, and drive increased revenues for Alex and Ani.
The technology behind Alex and Ani's mobile point-of-sales solution was jointly developed by Mobiquity and Alex and Ani, and delivered on Daily Systems’ iAPS sled for iPod touch. Alex and Ani’s new mobile payment, or mPayment option, provides credit card swiping, bar code scanning, and printing capabilities, allowing a customer to sign and receive a copy of the credit card receipt at the time of purchase, and later receive an itemized sales receipt via email.
Alex and Ani is rolling out more than 150 of these devices to its 18 company stores across the U.S.
“Mobile checkout offers a revolutionary shopping experience for our customers, which seamlessly integrates into our VIOPSYS point-of-sale system and drives our business forward,” said Alex and Ani CTO, Joseph Lezon. “As a positive energy, eco-conscious lifestyle brand, we are committed to providing shoppers with both a dynamic and hassle-free experience.”