The Amazon Marketplace, an online mall that that allows third-party sellers to reach customers around the world, hit big milestones during the holiday season.
The amount of merchandise that the marketplace’s Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) service shipped during the holiday season worldwide grew more than 50%. The increase was based on the “millions of items” that Prime members ordered from sellers in the Seller Fulfilled Prime program, a service that offers free two-day or next-day shipping. On Cyber Monday alone, sellers worldwide received orders for more than 28 million items, the company said.
Amazon Marketplace hit a number of milestones for 2016, including:
• FBA delivered more than 2 billion items worldwide.
• Active sellers worldwide using the FBA service grew more than 70%.
• Outside the U.S., FBA units shipped grew more than 80%.
• Using the FBA service, Amazon sellers from more than 130 different countries around the world fulfilled orders to customers in 185 countries.
• The Seller Fulfilled Prime program added more than 6 million new items that are now Prime eligible across the U.S., U.K., France, Germany and Japan.
• Sellers on Amazon that reached $100,000 in sales grew by 30%.