Seattle — Online retailer Amazon has launched its 50+ Active and Healthy Living Store, which features hundreds of thousands of nutrition, wellness, exercise and fitness, medical, personal care, beauty, entertainment items and more — all in a single destination for customers in the 50+ age range.
The store, located at Amazon.com/50ActiveLiving, will feature detailed product information, images, customer reviews, best sellers, recommendations and a Resource Center with tips on beauty, healthy eating, caregiving and various other topics to help customers discover products that are right for them.
"We're excited to offer customers in the 50+ age range a place to easily discover hundreds of thousands of items that promote active and healthy living. This is a destination where a customer can purchase anything from vitamins and blood pressure monitors to skin care items and books on traveling the world," stated Chance Wales, director of beauty and health and personal care for Amazon. "Our goal is to offer great prices on a vast selection of items and a robust Resource Center filled with tips on everything from boosting brain power to care-giving."
Visitors to Amazon's 50+ Active and Healthy Living Store will find a selection of items in the following categories:
- Nutrition & Wellness: Vitamins and supplements, nutritional drinks and bars, etc.;
- Exercise & Fitness: Activity monitors, videos on active living, exercise equipment, athletic apparel, etc.;
- Health Care: Diabetes-management items, OTC medicines, first aid items, etc.;
- Medical Supplies: Blood-pressure monitors, daily living aids, mobility aids, etc.;
- Incontinence: Briefs and underwear, pads and guards, cleansers, furniture protection, etc.;
- Personal Care: Men's grooming needs, oral care, hair loss items, feminine care, etc.;
- Beauty: Skin care, bath and body items, fragrance, cosmetics, etc.;
- Travel & Leisure: Travel guides, travel bags, toiletries, etc.; and
- Entertainment: Books, audio books, video, etc.