A cloud computing/e-commerce giant heads up Fast Company’s annual ranking of the 10 most innovative companies in retail.
Amazon not only topped the retail sector category, it also came in number one in the overall World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies listing. (Rounding out the top five: Google, Uber, Apple and Snap.)
“Amazon is a singular enterprise, one that rises to the top …. because it has continued to be nimble even as it has achieved enviable scale,” reported Fast Company.
Here is review of the Fast Company rankings for the retail sector, which mixes the familiar —The Home Depot, TJ Maxx and Ulta Beauty — with such upstarts as online mattress retailer Casper and online men's fashion and streetwear site Hypebeast whose platform offers daily news and unique content on fashion, art, design, music, and more.
Click here for the complete retail summary.
1. Amazon: For priming its customers for a lifetime of purchases;
2. Casper: For making money in our sleep;
3. The Home Depot: For growing without building;
4. Clique Media Group: For parlaying fashion advice into retail gold;
5. RewardStyle: For giving influencers a platform for commissions;
6. Hypebeast:For uniting sneakeheads into a lucrative demographic.
7. Pirch: For bringing the appliance store to life;
8. Ulta: For beautifying the in-store makeup experience;
9. TJ Maxx: For bringing a delightful sense of urgency back to offline shopping; and
10. Beautycounter: For lobbying for safer cosmetics.