- Charming Shoppes selects Oracle Retail to drive cross-channel growth, improve inventory management
- Charming Shoppes to sell off Fashion Bug, add 125 Lane Bryant stores
- Charming Shoppes to close 240 stores
- Ascena Retail to acquire Charming Shoppes for $890 million
- Charming Shoppe’s Lane Bryant rolls out personalized search technology
Suffern, N.Y. -- Ascena Retail Group Inc. announced it has successfully completed its tender offer for Charming Shoppes Inc.'s outstanding shares.
Ascena announced in May it that was buying Charming Shoppes, whose banners include Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, and Catherines Plus Sizes, for about $890 million.
Charming Shoppes will become an Ascena subsidiary and will stop trading on the Nasdaq and Chicago Stock Exchange once the transaction is complete. Ascena’s retail subsidiaries include Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice.