- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Motorola’s new mobile marketing platform uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology
New York -- Barneys New York said Thursday it will launch its off-price website Barneyswarehouse.com on Monday, following a two-week pilot in August. Merchandise on the warehouse site will be past-season sale items at discounts of up to 75% off retail, and will be used along with its brick-and-mortar outlets for liquidation.
“[The new site] fits with our strategy to build all of these digital properties,” Daniella Vitale, chief merchant and EVP of Barneys, told fashion report Zee, adding that the retailer is considering other product categories and classifications for future e-commerce sites.
“The online business is explosive and the fastest-growing business we have,” added Vitale. “It will be no different for the off-price component. The warehouse sale is [a factory] outlet in the same way that Barneys.com is a flagship and should reflect the Madison Avenue location.”