- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Starbucks adds digital tipping to mobile payment app
- Target makes a splash with pop-up in Grand Central Station
- Topshop to open Fifth Avenue flagship; four other U.S. stores
- Tesco to debut F&F apparel format in U.S., with seven stores by year-end
Union, N.J. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. said Wednesday it formed a joint venture with Mexican home-products retailer Home & More SA de CV, paying $4 million for a 50% stake in a new company operating two stores in Mexico City under the name "Home & More."
Bed Bath & Beyond said the Mexican joint venture wouldn’t likely materially affect its overall results or financial condition for fiscal 2008.
During the past 12 months, the company opened its first international store, in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada.
Bed Bath & Beyond is also developing or in talks about two dozen other Canadian sites, according to the Associated Press.