- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
Columbus, Ohio Big Lots Inc. said Thursday that same-store sales fell 0.6% in the fourth quarter, hurt by weak sales of toys and home furnishings.
Total sales for the fiscal quarter ended Feb. 2 fell 9% to $1.4 billion, from $1.53 billion last year.
Food and seasonal merchandise sold the best, while toys and home furnishings were weaker. Central United States was the strongest region, while the Southeast was softer, Big Lots said.