- Big Lots cuts outlook; to acquire Canada’s Liquidation World
- Big Lots completes Liquidation World purchase, makes exec appointments
- With 90 stores on tap for 2011, Big Lots appoints executive VPs
- Big Lots cuts outlook as profit falls
- Three Big Lots to join Centro portfolio in Colorado, Louisiana and Florida
New York City, Big Lots will close 85 close-out merchandise stores and 41 furniture stores. The Columbus, Ohio-based retailer currently runs 1,536 stores in 47 states and said it plans to open fewer new stores than originally planned in 2005 and 2006. The closings will lead to a pretax charge of about $60 million.