- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- SAP uses social sentiment to analyze back-to-school shopping
Natick, Mass. BJ's Wholesale Club Inc.'s March same-store sales rose 6%, boosted by higher gasoline prices.
Same-store merchandise sales rose 2.6%, slower than in the year-ago period. However, food sales rose by about 5%, while general merchandise slipped by about 1%.
Total sales for the five-week period ended April 5 rose 8.5% to $858.1 million, from $790.9 million a year ago. Gas and food sales increased, while general merchandise slipped.
Year to date, total sales are up 8.7% to $1.5 billion.