- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- Neiman Marcus gives update on security breach
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
Cincinnati Macy's Inc. on Friday said Bloomingdale's will discontinue its mail catalog by early 2009 and focus on its Web site.
The company said it came to the decision because sales growth online has recently outpaced its catalog sales.
The restructuring will occur over the next eight months and the company expects the transition to streamline its direct-to-consumer operations.
Advertising catalogs produced by Bloomingdale's marketing division are unaffected by the announcement.