- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
York, Pa., Bon-Ton Stores Inc. said Thursday its fiscal third-quarter loss widened due to unseasonable weather and a faltering economic environment.
The department store operator reported a loss of $19.4 million compared with a loss of $10.9 million a year ago. Total sales for the period ended Nov. 3 dipped 3% to $780.8 million from $804.1 million in the 2006 period, missing Wall Street’s estimate for $784.2 million.
The company said its Bon-Ton and Carson’s combined same-store sales fell 3% during the quarter.