- Brown Shoe to test new store format
- Brown Shoe to close 145 Famous Footwear stores, sell off some units
- Wal-Mart names Rosalind Brewer CEO of Sam’s Club; first female CEO in company history
- Waste Management, Sam's Club partner to help small businesses
- Famous Footwear selects Empower MediaMarketing as agency
New York -- Brown Shoe Company has acquired the Sam & Libby brand and reunited it with its founders, Sam and Libby Edelman. For the last eight years, the brand was owned by The Jones Group.
“We feel very strongly that this brand belongs with Sam and Libby, the people who created it,” said Diane Sullivan, president and CEO of Brown Shoe Company. “We purchased Edelman Shoe two years ago and last month, we announced Libby’s return to Brown Shoe Company. The timing is perfect to bring the Sam & Libby brand back into the fold. The potential for the entire portfolio is exciting and certainly presents additional interesting opportunities for us to explore.”