- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Carrefour to purchase 127 European shopping malls
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
New York -- Carrefour SA reported that its revenue edged up in its third quarter, driven by strong sales in its convenience stores and markets in Asia and Latin America.
The company said Thursday that sales rose 2.1% to €22.6 billion ($29 billion) in the July to September quarter.
Recessions in Spain and Italy impacted Carrefour’s revenue in Europe, where sales were down 2.2%. Sales in Asia and Latin America increased, however, rising 12.3% and 5.2% respectively.