- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Winick leases up East Coast Development in Long Island City
Plano, Texas, Vanessa Castagna decided to leave JCPenney when her employment contract expires this Sunday, the retailer said today. Castagna was chairman and CEO of JCPenney stores, catalog and Internet. Her responsibilities will be held by Ken Hicks, president and COO of JCPenney stores and merchandise operations, until a permanent successor is found.
It was widely speculated that Castagna would leave JCPenney when she was passed over as the replacement for retiring company CEO Allen Questrom late last month. The job was instead given to Myron Ullman, who joined the retailer from LVMH and was once CEO of Macy’s.
Castagna has been with JCPenney since 1999.