- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- A.T. Kearney: Chile and China tops for emerging market retail expansion
- Johnny Rockets opens new restaurant in Kuwait
- Alibaba: Why You Need To Rethink Your Omnichannel Approach
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
Canton, Mass. -- Casual Male Retail Group announced that its first DestinationXL store in the Middle East will open this spring in Symphony Mall, Kuwait City, Kuwait, under a franchise agreement between one of its subsidiaries and The Standard Arabian Business & Enterprises Company (SABECO).
The franchise agreement governs the operation of the store and provides that within two years of the store's opening to the public, the Casual Male Retail Group subsidiary has an option to purchase an equity interest in the store. The store is expected to open in April.
David Levin, president and CEO, stated, "We are looking forward to the store's opening and we are excited about the prospects for the region. We believe that SABECO has the expertise to create a successful franchise and operate an outstanding DestinationXL store in the Middle East."