- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Motorola’s new mobile marketing platform uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology
Chattanooga, Tenn. -- CBL & Associates Properties and MallMerlin, LLC, said Thursday they have launched a MallMerlin smartphone mobile application, available for download at the iTunes store for use exclusively at CBL malls across the nation.
The free Mall app will deliver special features and promotions, high-definition video and in-mall navigation to consumers as they shop the mall. Additionally, the app provides a search engine that helps shoppers find the brands and items they seek and rewards shoppers through special deals that are unlocked as they enter the mall. Retailers have ultimate flexibility to tailor their content in real-time and by geography.
“We are always looking to harness new technology to provide shoppers with a better way to shop, and provide retailers with a great point-of-sale communication tool,” said Jim Ward, senior director – brand development for CBL & Associates Properties. “MallMerlin delivers on both fronts providing customized and real-time information directly from the retailer to the consumer. It allows CBL Malls’ visitors to continue to shop as normal while taking advantage of the savings and helpful features in the app.”