- Retailers post strong November sales, apparel a top-performer
- Apparel retailers see gains during a warm February
- Discounters show positive movement in January
- Retailers report solid January sales despite winter deluge
- Many retailers fall a bit short in December; Limited and Abercrombie shine in specialty sector
Minneapolis Christopher & Banks Corp. reported that total sales for its first quarter ended March 1, 2008 were $125.3 million, compared to $134.0 million from the same period a year ago. Same-store sales declined 3.5% in the quarter.
Total sales for the 52-week period ended March 1, were $575.8 million compared to $547.3 million for the fifty-three week period ended March 3, 2007. Same-store sales increased 1% for the year.
For fiscal 2008, net income was $17.0 million, compared to $33.7 million.
As of March 1, 2008, the company operated 837 stores, compared to 778 stores as of March 3, 2007.