- Macy’s, Martha Stewart settle legal dispute
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Macy’s, J.C. Penney failing to reach resolution on Martha Stewart dispute
- Penney, Martha Stewart Living scale back partnership in new agreement
- Prosper Insights predicts holiday winners and losers
New York – Closing arguments for the lawsuit Macy’s filed against JC Penney and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia last year are scheduled to commence Aug. 1, according to a report in Reuters. The suit claims a December 2011 agreement to create Martha Stewart boutiques in JC Penney stores violated Macy’s exclusive right to sell Martha Stewart Living products.
Since April 2012, an injunction has blocked JC Penney from selling any Martha Stewart-branded items, although it has been allowed to sell existing inventory of Martha Stewart merchandise branded under the JCP Everyday banner. Depending on how this lawsuit is resolved, JC Penney may be allowed to sell Martha Stewart Living merchandise or may have to pay damages to Macy’s.