- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- TargetExpress format in works
Plymouth Meeting, Pa. -- The Collegiate Retail Alliance, a coalition of more than 50 independent college stores, and social e-reading platform Copia Interactive announced Friday a partnership to provide Copia's social bookstore experience to the students, faculty and staff of universities served by CRA members.
Ten CRA member stores will participate in the pilot program, which will launch in March. Stores will be able to offer Copia's full suite of digital content capabilities, including note sharing, free online discussion groups, and an extensive eBook catalog.
"Our new partnership with Copia is another example of our ongoing commitment to helping CRA member stores develop and deploy the industry's most successful business practices and solutions," said Richard W. McDaniel, CRA president and chairman. "Copia's combination of digital content delivery, e-commerce, and social networking will offer the customers of CRA member stores an incredible new content experience."