- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
Chicago -- Convenience store in-store sales grew 4.4% in 2010, reaching a record $190.4 billion, according to NACS. Total convenience store sales in 2010 were $575.6 billion.
The industry's 2010 numbers were announced in Chicago at the annual NACS State of the Industry Summit. The number of U.S. c-stores grew 1.2% over the past year and stands at a record 146,341 stores, according to the NACS/Nielsen TDLinx 2011 Convenience Industry Store Count, released in January 2011.