- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
New York -- Two U.S. retailers took home top honors at the 2012 World Retail Awards in London, with Costco Wholesale Club named “Retailer of the Year,” and Macy’s recognized as “Multichannel Retailer of the Year.” The awards were announced as part of the 2012 World Retail Congress.
In other awards, Ikea was presented with the “International Retailer of the Year” award, and Charlie Mayfield, chairman of John Lewis, was given the “Outstanding Leadership” award, Marks & Spencer and Woolworths South Africa were joint winners of “Responsible Retailer of the Year” award.
The “Store Design of the Year” award went to Fangsuo Commune, in Guangzhou, China. The “Emerging Market Retailer of the Year” award went to Turkey’s biggest consumer electronics retailer, Teknosa.
The co-sponsors of the 2012 World Retail Congress are Deloitte and Mastercard.