- CVS Caremark to acquire Navarro Discount Pharmacy
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- CVS 'My Weekly Ad' program creates loyal customers, strong sales
- Report: CVS considering Brazil drugstore purchase
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Woonsocket, R.I., CVS Caremark Corp. on Wednesday named president and CEO Thomas M. Ryan as chairman to succeed Mac Crawford, who is retiring.
Ryan has been president and CEO since March, when CVS bought Caremark. Prior to the buyout, he served as president and CEO of CVS Corp.
Also, the company said its board of directors named Terrence Murray as lead director. He is the former chairman of FleetBoston Financial Corp. and served as the company's CEO from 1982 to 2001.