- Shoe Carnival earnings drop on income tax expenses; plans 23–28 stores
- DDR launches effort to recapture anchor stores
- DDR and Blackstone to acquire 76 shopping centers for $1.975 billion
- DSW moving into Canadian market; buys 44% stake in Canada’s Town Shoes
- Shoe Carnival launching first national ad campaign
Beachwood, Ohio -- Shopping center owner DDR Corp. said Tuesday that four new Shoe Carnival stores will open at DDR shopping centers in 2012.
The new stores are a result of DDR's focus to consolidate small shop space by reconfiguring and re-leasing space to national retailers, improving tenant mix and the quality of cash flow. At three of the shopping centers, multiple small shop units have been combined to accommodate the new Shoe Carnival stores. The fourth center is located in Puerto Rico.
The new Shoe Carnival stores will open this summer at The Family Center at Riverdale, in Riverdale, Utah, where Shoe Carnival will occupy three combined small shop units for a total of 12,000 sq. ft.; at Wando Crossing in Mt. Pleasant, S.C., where Shoe Carnival will occupy two combined small shop units for a total of 11,000 sq. ft.; at Ashley Crossing in Charleston, S.C., where Shoe Carnival will occupy two combined small shop units for a total of 8,000 sq. ft.; and at Plaza Escorial, in Carolina, Puerto Rico where Shoe Carnival will backfill the 12,000 sq.-ft. Group USA location.