Goleta, Calif. – The corporate headquarters of Deckers Outdoor Corp. Company's corporate headquarters has achieved LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). LEED Certification is awarded for buildings that are energy efficient and environmentally sustainable in design and operation.
Deckers built its new 190,000-sq.-ft.headquarters to the LEED standard with many environmentally friendly features, earning credits across five categories that are evaluated by the LEED building design and construction rating system. These measures included: Sustainable Sites, Water Efficiency, Energy and Atmosphere, Materials and Resources and Indoor Environmental Quality. Among the features included in Deckers' headquarters are:
• Parking spaces reserved for energy-efficient autos and power stations for electric vehicles;
• Bike storage and showering/changing facilities for employees who wish to bike to work;
• Environmentally friendly irrigation and water drainage systems;
• Efficient energy and HVAC management systems; and
• Recycled building materials supported by local companies.