- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- TargetExpress format in works
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Target in big multichannel holiday push; rolling out in-store pickups
- Target CIO resigns; chain to overhaul info security
Little Rock, Ark., Dillard’s Inc. plans to increase profits by selling more house brands and emphasizing the value of its fashion apparel, the department store chain’s president, Alex Dillard, said at its annual meeting on Saturday. The company plans nine new stores for 2005.
With 329 stores in 29 states, mostly in the South and West, Dillard’s is viewed as a logical acquisition target. But Dillard would not address the possibility at the meeting.