- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Amazon grows Q2 sales, incurs loss due to investments
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
Goodlettsville, Tenn. Dollar General has appointed Todd J. Vasos as its new division president and chief merchandising officer.
Vasos will oversee merchandising, marketing and global sourcing for the 8,300-store chain starting Dec. 1. He will report to the company’s CEO Rick Dreiling.
Vasos was previously executive VP and COO at Longs Drugs. During his tenure, he was responsible for all pharmacy and front-end marketing, merchandising, procurement, supply chain, advertising, store development, store layout, store operations, loss prevention, store construction and the operation of three distribution centers. Before being appointed COO, he served as Long’s senior VP and CMO.
Vasos has also served in executive positions at Eckerd Drug Corp. and Phar-Mor Food and Drug Inc.