- Dollar General digs in as Family Dollar rebuffs takeover bid
- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- Three New Must-See Retail Stores in New York City
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
Chesapeake, Va. Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. has created a new holding company structure. The primary purpose of the reorganization was to create a more efficient corporate structure. The business operations of the company and its subsidiaries will not change as a result of the reorganization.
As part of the holding company reorganization, a new parent company named Dollar Tree, Inc. was formed. Outstanding shares of the capital stock of the former parent company, which was named Dollar Tree Stores, Inc., were automatically converted, on a share-for-share basis, into identical shares of common stock of the new holding company. The company intends to mail instructions to stockholders regarding the process for exchanging their old stock certificates.
The articles of incorporation, the bylaws, the executive officers and the board of directors of the new holding company are the same as those of the former Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. in effect immediately prior to the reorganization.
The common stock of the new holding company will continue to be listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “DLTR.”