- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- President George W. Bush to give opening keynote at SPECS
- Safeway to dispose of Dominick’s stores and exit Chicago market
- Helena Foulkes named president of CVS/pharmacy
- Whole Foods acquires seven Dominick’s leases in Chicago area
Pleasanton, Calif.— Safeway Inc. announced that the president of its Chicago-area Dominick’s Finer Foods division, Don Keprta, has resigned. Brian Baer, Dominick’s CFO and VP of finance, will assume the role of acting president of Dominick’s.
“Don has contributed significantly to the Dominick’s stores. His commitment and innovation helped the stores evolve to best serve the Chicagoland customers. We are fortunate that he has produced a team that is prepared to continue to build on our current momentum,” said chairman, president and CEO Steve Burd.