- Report: Safeway takes bids for shopping center development business
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in $9.1 billion deal
- No more bidders for Safeway as ‘go shop’ period expires
- Target replaces Canada head, promotes U.S. execs
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
Pleasanton, Calif.— Safeway Inc. announced that the president of its Chicago-area Dominick’s Finer Foods division, Don Keprta, has resigned. Brian Baer, Dominick’s CFO and VP of finance, will assume the role of acting president of Dominick’s.
“Don has contributed significantly to the Dominick’s stores. His commitment and innovation helped the stores evolve to best serve the Chicagoland customers. We are fortunate that he has produced a team that is prepared to continue to build on our current momentum,” said chairman, president and CEO Steve Burd.