- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- OfficeMax accelerates e-commerce innovation
Washington, D.C. -- Douglas Development said it has teamed with CBRE on a new boutique office and retail project in Washington, D.C.’s Penn Quarter neighborhood.
The 11-story office building will occupy approximately 93,000 sq. ft., and include 7,000 sq. ft. of ground-floor retail space. The building will offer two floors of below grade parking, outdoor terraces, and a terracotta façade.
Designed by Shalom Baranes Associates, the project will incorporate a two-story designated historic structure, the facades of which will be restored, and the interior renovated and fully integrated with the contemporary building. The building’s structure will consist of post-tensioned concrete floors and reinforced concrete columns on a mat slab foundation. Construction is scheduled to begin in late 2013.