- Dunkin’ Donuts to open 86 new units in nation’s capital by 2020
- Dunkin' Brands to open 27 new locations in Louisiana
- Starbucks’ growth plans include major international push
- Dunkin’ Donuts signs agreements for 12 new units in Tampa
- Dunkin’ Donuts announces agreement for 16 new locations across Florida
Canton, Mass. -- Dunkin’ Brands Group is giving its Dunkin’ Donuts stores a big makeover. The chain has been rolling out a “café-style” store redesign that includes a new, earth-toned palette, to make its locations resemble those of rival Starbucks, according to Bloomberg.
Dunkin’ Donuts, which plans to double its current store total to 15,000, is adding features such as more comfortable seating and music to increase its afternoon customer traffic.
Dunkin’ Donuts has opened 90 remodeled stores to date, according to the report, and plans to open about 600 by the end of this year. Franchisees seeking to participate must pay between $175,000 and $700,000, depending on whether they remodel and existing store or open a new store and what specific options they choose.