- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Dunkin' Donuts signs deal for 46 locations in South California
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
Canton, Mass. – Dunkin’ Donuts has entered multi-unit store development agreement with five existing franchise groups to develop 22 new restaurants throughout the Greater Baltimore/Washington, D.C., area over the next several years. The five franchise groups and their development plans include:
• Existing franchisee Arun Mandi plans to develop eight restaurants throughout Washington, D.C., and Virginia. Mandi currently operates 28 locations in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. His next restaurant is planned to open in 2015.
• Existing franchise group Goldwater LLC plans to develop two restaurants throughout Washington, D.C. This group currently owns and operates three restaurants throughout the Greater Washington, D.C., area. Their next restaurant is planned for 2015 with an additional location opening the following year.
• Existing franchise group Andy Cabral with Vigario Management plans to develop two restaurants in Manassas, Va. This group currently owns and operates six Dunkin' Donuts restaurants throughout Virginia. Their next restaurant is planned to open in 2014.
• Existing franchisees George and Nick Nistazo plan to develop nine restaurants throughout the Greater Washington, D.C., area. The duo currently owns and operates restaurants throughout Maryland and Delaware. Their next restaurant is planned for 2016.
• Existing franchisees Guarang and Nilkanth Patel plan to develop one Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin-Robbins combination location in Baltimore, Maryland. This duo currently owns and operates 15 restaurants throughout Baltimore, and Washington, D.C. This restaurant is planned to open in spring 2014.
The Greater Baltimore/Washington, D.C., area is currently home to 283 restaurants and Dunkin' Donuts is pursuing opportunities to further develop the market with both existing and new franchisees. To drive its expansion efforts, Dunkin' Donuts has aligned its strategy to support the growth opportunities and consumer needs of individual markets.
Dunkin' Donuts' new look includes four distinct restaurant design options for franchisees, each featuring variations in layout, color schemes, graphics, textures, furniture and/or lighting. Dunkin' Donuts allows franchisees to select individual elements from any of the four options, creating a restaurant design that reflects their personal tastes and preferences, and best serves their specific restaurant size and location.
"Our secret to success is our passionate franchisees who provide a high-level of customer service to our guests every day," said Grant Benson, CFE, VP of global franchising and business development, Dunkin' Brands. "We believe that these existing franchise partners with years of experience in our brand will help become an important part of the local communities they serve."