- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Neiman Marcus gives update on security breach
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
Columbia, S.C. -- Shopping center owner Edens & Avant said Wednesday that an expanded new Publix will open Sept. 2012 at Sunshine Square retail center in Boynton Beach, Fla.
The centerpiece of the multi-million dollar redevelopment, the new 54,000-sq.-ft. Publix will be more integrated into the overall center, one aspect of a larger plan to improve shopper circulation that also includes enhanced vehicular and pedestrian access.
The existing Publix store is scheduled to close Sept. 24.
Currently 93% leased, Sunshine Square's existing merchandise mix includes long-time retailers and restaurants Boynton Beach Diner, Crown Wine & Spirits and Boynton Postal and Gift. New additions include Pet Supermarket, TD Bank, AT&T, a self-serve yogurt shop as well as new restaurants that will be announced in the coming months.