- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Walmart shows support of women-owned businesses with new logo
New York -- Walmart had the top online retail site for back-to-school shoppers last week, according to sales data and analysis from Experian Marketing Services (EMS). Rounding out the top five: J.C. Penney, Macy’s, Office Max and Sears.
Experian noted that brick and mortar stores are getting the majority of search traffic to date. The company also said that offers in subject lines were present on 37% of back- to-school email, and generated 57% of total email revenue in 2012.