- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Neiman Marcus to open its first Manhattan store, at Hudson Yards
- Fighting the New Breed of POS: Targeting Cyber Attacks
- Nordstrom makes Instagram shoppable, launches Like2Buy platform
- Simon breaks ground on Chicago Premium Outlets expansion
Chicago -- AWE Talisman and Macerich announced Monday that Fashion Outlets of Chicago will open on August 1 in Rosemont, Ill., featuring Bloomingdale's The Outlet Store, Last Call by Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th and 120 additional brands.
The two-level, 530,000-sq.-ft. outlet mall is the first fully enclosed, multi-level property with this level of amenities in the Chicago area in more than two decades, according to both companies.
"Beyond the robust slate of retail and dining attractions, Fashion Outlets of Chicago also will offer an exciting set of customer amenities and social experiences, including a world-class art installation," said AWE Talisman chairman Arthur Weiner.
Fashion Outlets of Chicago will offer two fine-dining restaurants, Prasino and Villagio, in addition to a first-level food court and variety of other quick-service options.
"Fashion Outlets of Chicago marks our commitment to the changing face of outlet retail in America," said Art Coppola, chairman and CEO, Macerich.
The center is also partnering with TSA-certified BAGS Inc. to operate a special concierge service that allows travelers to print boarding passes and check shopping bags and luggage directly to their flights.