- Wrap-up coverage of Chain Store Age's 49th annual SPECS
- Macy’s Q3 earnings surge, announces plans for three new stores
- Report: Retailers’ expansion plans up 40% over last year
- BJ’s closing five locations, restructuring home office and select field ops
- Syms, Filene’s Basement file for bankruptcy, plan to liquidate
Boston -- Filene’s Basement will close four Massachusetts stores around Christmas time this year, according to a Tuesday report by the Boston Globe.
The struggling discounter will close stores in Braintree, Peabody, Saugus and Watertown, Mass., leaving three stores in the state – in Back Bay, Newton and Norwood – and 22 stores in all.
Syms Corp. bought Filene’s Basement out of bankruptcy in June 2009.