Burlington, Mass. -- Demandware announced that The Finish Line has launched new e-commerce and mobile commerce sites on the Demandware Commerce platform. The initiative is part of the retailer’s strategic move to a cloud-based digital commerce solution to power its omnichannel strategy. The company will also use Demandware to power Run.com, a specialty brand that focuses on all things running.
The Finish Line’s aggressive omnichannel growth initiatives drove its decision to move away from legacy in-house managed software to Demandware’s flexible and scalable cloud-based solution. With Demandware, Finish Line has a customizable digital commerce platform that enables users to execute highly branded, personalized and consistent consumer experiences across channels. Dermandware’s cloud model eliminates the burden of infrastructure management and provides merchants and marketers with complete control over the user experience and site functionality, empowering them to drive innovation and growth, and accelerate time-to-market.
“Our goal is to transform our business, not just maintain it. We want to drive innovation and propel the business. Demandware reduces operational complexity and puts the power in the hands of our users to create world-class brand experiences. It provides customers a better and faster online experience, rather than having technology get in the way,” said Chris Ladd, executive VP and chief digital officer for Finish Line, which operates more than 640 stores.
The new finishline.com features a new design and enhanced user experience, including:
- The ability to buy online and pick up at a Finish Line store location;
- Real-time product inventory information provides accurate availability updates;
- A mobile shopping site that leverages Responsive Web Design to optimally display on devices;
- Seamless integration of Finish Line’s Winner’s Circle loyalty program into the shopping cart lets consumers view their points balance at checkout;
- Enhanced brand landing pages showcase brand-specific content, such as products, offers, promotions, videos and blog posts;
- Streamlined navigation and search functionality helps consumers locate products more quickly and efficiently; and
- Flash sales provide exclusive access to new, high-demand merchandise.