- Target replaces Canada head, promotes U.S. execs
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Five Below to enter Houston with eight stores
- Five Below Q2 profit doubles as sales increase; opening 38 stores in third quarter
Philadelphia -- Five Below Inc. reported Wednesday a profit of $1.6 million, compared with a loss of $1.2 million in the year-ago period.
The discount retailer saw sales during the quarter rise 33% to $95.6 million from $71.8 million, meeting internal expectations but beating Wall Street’s forecasted $93.9 million in revenue. Same-store sales advanced 4.2%.
According to president and CEO Thomas Vellios, Five Below will open another 60 stores by the end of 2013.