- Big Lots names Kmart exec as chief customer officer; will expand discounter’s digital presence
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Sears, Kmart to open on Thanksgiving
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Chicago, Ill. — Forman Mills, an off price apparel retailer, has leased 38,487 sq. ft. at Grand Plaza in Franklin Park, Ill., according to CBRE, the leasing agent. The new store plans to open next spring.
The Forman Mills lease completes the lease up of a 96,260-sq.-ft. former Kmart, which closed in 2011.
CBRE began leasing the space in 2012. The first lease was with Big Lots for 29,000 sq. ft. Next came a 29,000-sq.-ft.- lease to Savers Thrift Superstore, which later took another 29,000 sq. ft.
Forman Mills has 29 stores in Philadelphia, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, New York and Illinois.