- The Value and Power of Data-Driven Marketing
- Whole Foods partners with Instacart for one-hour delivery in 15 cities
- Survey: LLBean.com climbs to top of March online customer service rankings
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Three New Must-See Retail Stores in New York City
Sheboygan, Wis. Fresh Brands, which operates Piggly Wiggly supermarkets in Wisconsin, is changing its name to Piggly Wiggly Midwest, effective Jan. 4, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Fresh Brands said that having the business name incorporated into the company name would make it easier for the public to recognize.
The Piggly Wiggly name dates back to 1916, when it was first used on a grocery store in Memphis, Tenn. That original Piggly Wiggly company has gone through several ownership changes and is now an affiliate of C&S Wholesale Grocers Inc., with corporate offices in Keene, N.H.
Fresh Brands bought the rights to use the Piggly Wiggly name in 1949 but is not connected to the New Hampshire-based company. The new company name includes the word Midwest to differentiate it from the New Hampshire operations, the company said.
Fresh Brands also said it plans to renovate and enlarge two or three corporate-owned stores next year.