- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Signet completes acquisition of Zale Corp., creating jewelry Goliath in malls
- CSA First Look: J.C. Penney's Brooklyn Debut
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
New York -- Giving a much-needed boost to J.C. Penney Co., George Soros’ Soros Fund Management bought 17.4 million shares of the troubled retailer, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The stake, which was seen as a vote of confidence in returning CEO Mike Ullman, makes the billionaire investor the fourth-largest Penney shareholder, with a 7.9% stake.