- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
Pittsburgh - GNC Holdings, Inc. will deploy VeriFone’s newest NFC-enabled multimedia payment device at more than 3,100 of its U.S. retail locations. The payment device will position GNC for potential future endeavors such as EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) payments and customer marketing at the POS.
“As we looked at the future of our business, and how we wanted to leverage our payment infrastructure, it became clear the new payment device provided the functionality we were looking for,” said Bruce Jones, GNC’s IT director. “Selecting VeriFone provides us a partner with the payment system expertise we were looking for.”