- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- 5 Reasons Retailers Can't Miss Customer Disruption 2014
New York -- Stirling Properties has opened the Mid-City Market in New Orleans, the firm’s largest group-up retail development in the city. A 54,390-sq.-ft Winn-Dixie anchors the 108,763-sq.-ft. shopping center. Stirling estimates that the center will generate annual retail sales of more than $61 million.
“Mid-City Market is proof that New Orleans is building back better than before,” said Mayor Mitch Landrieu at the grand opening last week. “This project took once blighted and vacant properties and transformed them into a retail and restaurant hub for the community.”
According to Stirling, the $40 million shopping center has created 504 new jobs in the area.