- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- D.C. Council upholds mayor's veto of 'living wage' bill
- HSN Inc. increases net income, sales during Q4 and fiscal 2013
- Bloomberg: Home Depot cutting health benefits for 20,000 part-timers
San Francisco -- A filing disclosure on Wednesday revealed that billionaire investor Carl Icahn has built a 10% stake in Netflix, suggesting that dramatic changes in the company could loom.
The filing did not elaborate on the reasons behind Icahn’s purchase of 5.5 million Netflix shares, and Netflix has so far declined comment.
Icahn has earned a reputation for using his ownership to pressure management toward dramatic change or strategic alternatives such as a sale of the company.