- DDR and Blackstone to acquire 76 shopping centers for $1.975 billion
- Chipotle to Ohio Valley Mall in St. Clairsville, Ohio
- DDR launches effort to recapture anchor stores
- Jose Pepper’s and Eddie Bauer Outlet to open at Legends Outlets Kansas City
- First Kansas City area SweetFrog opens at Legends Outlets
Merriam, Kansas -- Shopping center owner and developer DDR Corp., based in Beachwood, Ohio, said Tuesday it will sell 22 acres of land to Ikea Property for the construction of Ikea’s first store in Kansas, located in the Kansas City bedroom community of Merriam, Kan.
Ikea confirmed Tuesday that the City Council of Merriam has unanimously approved plans for this project, following last month's approval from the city's Planning Commission.
Construction of the new 349,000-sq.-ft. Ikea is set to begin the summer of 2013, with a targeted opening in the fall of 2014 at the DDR-owned Merriam Town Center. Other tenants in the shopping center include Home Depot, Dick's Sporting Goods, Cinemark, Marshalls, PetSmart, Old Navy, Party City and Five Below.