- CSA First Look: J.C. Penney's Brooklyn Debut
- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
New York -- J.C. Penney Co. on Wednesday unveiled an advertisement on Facebook that asks customers to return to its stores. The ad will air Wednesday and Thursday on national television, as well as on Penney’s social media platforms.
The retailer posted a 30-second ad on Facebook called “We Are Listening.” The spot blends nostalgic images of Penney stores from the 1960s and family scenes. A female narrator acknowledges that the retailer recently made some changes, some of which “you liked and some you didn’t.” The voice-over continues with, "What matters with mistakes is what we learn. We learned a very simple thing - to listen to you."
The ad ends with: "Come back to J.C. Penney - we heard you. Now we'd love to see you."
The video also appeared on Penney’s YouTube channel.
Meanwhile, the retailer took to Twitter to ask shoppers to comment about the recent changes, what they liked and what they didn’t. The company created the hashtag #jcplistens.
View the ad here: