- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
Sao Paulo, Brazil, J.C. Penney sold Brazilian chain Lojas Renner for $230 million, according to Gouvea de Souza, a Brazilian retail consultant. Lojas Renner is Brazil’s second-largest department store chain. J.C. Penney had a 98% stake in the company before the sale.